Cold, wind, sudden contrasts in temperature and decreasing fluid retention during the winter months cause dehydration and unusual vasoconstriction in our body. The union of all these adverse elements, brings devastating consequences for our skin, ranging from a slower desquamation more pronounced by increasing the accumulated dead cells exfoliation, as well as premature aging of the main natural barrier of our body .
Tautness and elasticity loss, irritation , cracking and dryness are the outward expressions of a constant disruption of our skin balance that can have severe consequences in the medium and long term.
But if this were not enough, the effects of harmful external agents to our skin can multiply if exposure occurs in high mountain areas , as there is less atmosphere to absorb radiation UVA and UVB and these increased by 4% every 300 meters above sea level. If, in addition, there is snow , the reflection effect can reach multiply another 80%, which would add to 100% of rays that, in itself, have a direct impact on our skin.
Therefore, it is necessary to exercise caution using regularly and continuously different products containing UVA and UVB with a factor proportional to the rate of solar radiation Protection that will be exposed , lipsticks and makeup included, as the FPS It indicates the maximum time a person can stay in the sun without burning.
10 Tips to stand up to winter
1. Apply sunscreen with UVA and UVB filters before each sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours to avoid losing effectiveness.
2. Pamper the lips with a good protective sunscreen
3. Use an extra moisture to counteract the deterioration of the barrier effect of the skin .
4. Protect your skin even a cloudy day , then clouds let through most of the ultraviolet radiation
5. If used up in the mountains, containing sunscreen
6. Enhanced hydration face at night with ultra-nutritious and super-moisturizing products.
7. Pay greater attention to nose and cheekbones , the most prominent areas of the face and before burning
8. Do not neglect the eyes : it is recommended to use goggles to protect 100% of UVA, UVB and visible blue
9. Caring hands with products specifically designer to combat the effects of cold and moisture
10. Hydrate well the body to counteract the lack of oxygenation suffering through the use of outerwear and exposure to artificial environments.