Stress harms health, but there are several ways that affect dermatologic level. Although, as acknowledged by Alejandro Martín – Weevil, a dermatologist at the International Dermatology Clinic, Madrid, “Stress is not the cause of specific diseases of the skin, it can contribute to the accelerated pathologies appearance as it relates to increased inflammation or greater skin symptoms “. Also a number of other drawbacks as detailed below:
1. Inflammatory problems: – Weevil stress Although the concept is vague, “persons subject to more problems in this regard will have more risk of worsening of inflammatory complications of skin and skin symptoms such as itching , ” Martin explains.
2. appearance of dark circles: Stress can lead to lack of stress, which degenerates in developing dark circles.
3. Worsening of wrinkles: As the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (AEDV) notes, stress promotes inflammation of the skin, resulting in irritation and vulnerability to the sun and other aggressors and, eventually, to the loss of collagen. This results in wrinkles and fine lines.
4. Aggravation of acne: The dermatologist says you can not say that acne stress arises, but “as one of the components that generate it is inflammation, this box so frequent dermatologic can be compounded to stressful life situations.”
5. Damage to the nails: Some people bite their nails when you are stressed, with corresponding damage this means for them.
6. Deterioration of certain skin diseases: The AEDV indicates that pathologies such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen and rosacea may be compounded by the problem.
7. premature graying: “It has been classically described as exceptional stress causes premature graying, without having clarified why he rushes”. While it is usual that is due to causes of different nature (hormonal, autoimmune, nutrient deficit, etc.) “.
8. Hair loss: In addition to premature graying, the academy says it can also lead to hair loss.
Circumventing these eight passes complications bring about healthy lifestyles. Martin – Weevil suggests avoiding snuff and excess sun exposure, eating a balanced diet and confront the vicissitudes and problems with the best attitude.
You may also like