Community pharmacy is committed to finding new ways to improve the health of the population and the quality and efficiency of the health sector, and that implies our pharmaceutical advice. What differentiates other pharmacy channel is that space is a health and pharmaceutical is prepared to meet the demands of a consumer seeking security and confidence in the products, scientific knowledge and innovation. In short, a health space to solve your skin problems, intimate, mouth, hair care …
Many dermatological diseases frequent complaint in the pharmacy. To cite a few examples:
– The atopic dermatitis chronic inflammation in the superficial layers of the skin and is characterized by allergic symptoms family exist as asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema and personal history.
– The psoriasis : scaling and inflammation that causes pain, swelling, heat , and redness.
– Sunburn and healing problems .
– hyperpigmentation caused by increased melanin.
– The acne , which affects the sebaceous glands, which manifests itself in many different ways.
– Pathologies related to hair : alopecia, seborrhea …
– mild herpes, bacterial infections, fungal infections … It is usual that the pharmacist is faced with these and many other situations where it is consulted on these pathologies in demand for authoritative information and it is important to have sources correct. And it is a reality that there is much information available to the user, but not always reliable and proven. In all situations that arise it is key that the user leaves the pharmacy satisfied with the response.
But our work does not end here, the pharmacist will be responsible for assessing whether is qualified to give advice, recommend a product or provide care guidelines, or conversely, it is necessary to refer the dermatologist.
WHERE TO CONSULT
It is therefore important to use quality information sources. Some sites of interest are: the Council of COF (www.portalfarma.com), another about skin cancer (www.cancer.gov) and Medline Plus for patients (www.nlm.nih.gov). They also highlight the website of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (http://aedv.es), the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products (www.aemps.gob.es) and psoriasis Action Association (www .accionpsoriasis.org). It should also be mentioned publications such as Atlas of Dermatology and Actas Dermo-Sifílicas and other spaces like the web of Dermatology of the Hospital Juan Jinx, La Coruna, www.especialistasdermatologia.com. More related to cosmetic www.cosmeticsinfo.org