The dryness of the skin is a fairly common problem, which surely you have experienced in some area of your body.
We all have a particular skin type. Some experience oily skin in the so-called “T” area and dry skin on the rest of the face. Others must deal with dryness in the belly, elbows and knees while their face is oily.
Identifying the characteristics of your skin is vital to give it the necessary care. Even if you think you know your skin perfectly, take some time to detect the areas that are most prone to dryness and which are free of this problem.
Then, follow the recommendations that we will share below. You will find that they are simpler than you thought.
1. Keep your body hydrated
Dehydration is the most common reason for dry skin, but also the easiest to solve. You just need to think how much water you consume per day.
It is advisable to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. This is a very widespread recommendation, but it is not always adequate.
If your lifestyle demands that you exercise a lot , spend many hours under the sun or, in some way, make you dehydrate; It is likely that 2 liters of water are not enough.
If you identify with the above, try increasing the daily consumption of this precious liquid. After a couple of days, you should notice improvements.
In this case, try to increase the consumption of water permanently and pay attention to your body whenever you feel it dry.
2. Apply aloe vera
Aloe vera is one of the best ingredients in cosmetics and alternative remedies. In the case of the skin, this gel helps fight sunburn and dry skin.
To take advantage of the properties of this wonderful product, we recommend that you apply it directly to dry skin. You can use it as a substitute for the usual creams, which in theory should be hydrating you.
If the dryness appears on your legs or armpits after shaving with a razor, try applying aloe vera before shaving . In this way, it will act as a previous hydrant and facilitate shaving. When finished, rinse and enjoy your hydrated skin.
In case the problem is generalized, apply a cream more than effective and very simple to prepare in the whole body or in the dry areas, whose recipe we present below:
- ¼ liter of base cream.
- 100 ml of aloe vera gel.
- 25 ml of almond oil.
Preparation and application:
- Mix all ingredients.
- Store the resulting cream in a plastic bottle.
- Apply it as your usual cream.
This cream is very economical and you can add an aroma with 5 ml of the essential oil of your preference.
You can find the base cream in any large pharmacy or store of cosmetic products in bulk. It is one that has no aroma or color and is usually quite cheap.
3. Use coconut oil
Coconut oil is another ingredient that has taken great relevance in recent years. Every day we know more about its benefits, so the cosmetic industry is paying close attention.
This is a simple and very economical remedy to combat the dryness of the skin. The easiest is to use coconut oil naturally. For this, just take a little oil, rub it between your hands and apply it.
In case the problem is dry lips, try changing your lip balm for the following oil:
- 1 bottle of empty lipstick
- 15 ml of coconut oil.
Preparation and application:
- Place the jar in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Fill the bottle with coconut oil to the edge or a few millimeters below.
- Remove from the bottle once it is cold.
- Always carry it with you.
- Use it as many times as you need.
We recommend that the bottle you choose have a screw cap, since the oil can melt with heat. It is essential to take it well covered, to avoid damage to your bag.
If the idea of bringing coconut oil in your bag does not excite you very much or you can not buy the ingredients for the cream at this time, in either case, we invite you to try the third remedy to treat dryness of the skin: glycerin
The glycerin is one of the best ingredients to combat skin taut. With this you will get a more than soft skin, and for a minimum investment.
Simply buy a little glycerin in your nearest supermarket. But make sure, reading the label, that you do not have extra colorants.
You can apply glycerin as many times as you want. At the beginning, you may need to apply it once every two hours. Afterwards, you can decrease the number of times.
Of these 4 ideas to treat the dryness of the skin, which one do you choose?
As you can see, you have some good options. Always remember to start drinking more water. Then, complement with your favorite idea.
And something very important, avoid using the last three ideas in areas where you have oily skin.
9 tips for dry skin care
1. Clean your skin less often
Dry skin only needs to be cleaned ONCE per day ( and no more than TWICE a day ) to prevent your skin from drying out even more , but the most important tip for the care of dry skin is …
2. You need to hydrate your skin more often, then …
- During the day you should use a ‘diurnal’ moisturizer that contains sunscreen or you can simply put on sunscreen after you’ve used the moisturizer, and …
- At night you should apply a ‘night’ moisturizer such as Skinceuticals Renewing Moisturizer Night Dry Skin Refinerthat you can leave on your face all night, or … You can leave the night moisturizer for at least 2 hours before removing it with hot water. And if you’re wearing makeup …
- Make sure you put your makeup on after you’ve given your skin time to absorb the moisturizer, and …
- The drier your skin is, that means you need to use a more dense or more abundant moisturizer.
3. Use a humidifier
A humidifier will help the condition of your dry skin improve faster by keeping more moisture in the air, so you can keep your humidifier on during the day and night because the air conditioner will quickly dry out your skin during winter and summer .
4. Use sunblock
Sunscreen is important for all types of skin to slow down the aging process , but it is crucial for those skins that are dry because dry skin ages faster, so you should use a sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 30, instead of the recommended FPS value of 15, and …
You can use moisturizers that contain sunscreen, or you can apply sunscreen after you’ve hydrated your skin.
5. Use the right products for dry skin care
Skin care products that use hypoallergenic ingredients such as virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, AHA, and Vitamins A, C, D and E are best for dry skin.
6. Do not use products that are bad for dry skin
Be sure to use non-alcoholic toning lotions formulated for dry skin such as Rose Water or Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner , and … Do not use skin care products that contain mineral oils or petroleum derivatives.
7. Do not shower or bathe for a long time
You should not stay in the shower for more than 5 to 10 minutes, and most dermatologists even say that when you’re taking care of dry skin, you should take a shower for only about 3 minutes, and when you’re showering or bathing …
- Use a very mild soap, and try to use soap every other day, and …
- It is not a good idea to scrub because it can further irritate dry or sensitive skin , so it is best to use exfoliators designed for dry skin like a mild oatmeal soap , and …
- Bubble baths are not good for dry skin, but you can bathe using bath oils to moisturize your skin to improve the condition of your dry skin.
8. Eat a diet that helps improve your dry skin
- Eat a diet that includes foods rich in antioxidants includingVitamin A , B , C and E , also …
- Consume plenty of healthy fats in your diet fats to help your dry skin produce more fat, and …
- If you drink more water and also eat more leafy vegetables this can help you gain more moisture in your skin, and …
- Do not drink too much alcohol, coffee, soda or any other product with high caffeine content, which will dehydrate or dry your skin.
9. Do not scratch
Dry skin can easily develop eczema and other conditions harmful to your skin if you continually scratch in places where you feel itching or irritation, you’d better use shea nut butter or coconut oil to soothe your itching.