Spain is estimated that about 2.5 million people work at night or rotating shifts, which according to experts, as well as affecting our relationships and our family life, can provoke sleep disturbances, as we are awake when our body is accustomed to sleep and vice versa.
Decalogue for a healthy sleep tips when working in shifts:
1. Sleeping complete cycles of 6 to 8 hours without interruption.
2. Plan and times vary not sleep and food.
3. Adjust schedules and routines of the house for a quiet and adequate ambient light is maintained, during those times of sleep.
4. Make relaxing activities before going to sleep.
5. Avoid heavy meals and high in fat and calories before the rest period, although this begins immediately after noon.
6. Manage social life so that you do not lose hours of rest required.
7. Adapt your workspace so that you have adequate light and good ventilation, so day effect will be achieved, although we work at night.
8. Negotiate with your company with a rotating shift that has its start time under sleep periods: between 6.00 and 7.00; between 14.00 and 15.00; and between 22.00 and 23.00.
9. Requiring these shifts are changed every 2 or 3 days , so that circadian rhythms (biological cycles regulating oscillations of biological variables at regular intervals of time) are not altered, and that these rotations are set out well in advance .
10. Do not replace the lack of sleep workweek during days : sleep, unlike what is usually thought, is not recovered.
Click here to find out more tips for healthy break from the hand of experts Pikolín