Olive oil is one of the most beneficial natural products and has a high nutritional value since its discovery about 5,000 years ago. The olive oil is extracted from the olive harvest, which is native to the Mediterranean. Olive oil is commonly used in Egypt as a cosmetic, and is still used in many Mediterranean countries as natural medicine. The uses of olive oil are many and it is so versatile that it can be used both internally and externally. There is a range of medicinal benefits of olive oil such as promoting better digestion, stimulating the metabolism, lubricating the mucous membranes and also being full of vitamins, minerals and proteins, which is used to keep the skin, nails and hair healthy and beautiful.
Benefits of Olive Oil for the Skin
Olive oil is more similar in its chemical structure to the natural oil of the skin than any other oil of natural origin.
1. Therefore, it acts as the perfect moisturizer especially for dry skin.
2. It can also be used to moisturize areas with extremely dry skin, such as elbows and knees.
3. Olive oil has a regenerative power on the skin tissues and its regular use ensures that your skin stays soft and at the same time toned and smooth.
4. Take equal amounts of water and oil in a tight-fitting jar and shake well to mix. Massage your skin with mix and wash with warm water.
5. Another great facial mask to moisturize your skin with olive oil can be made by mixing 1 tablespoon of honey, with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the yolk of 1 egg. Mix well and apply on the clean face. Leave the mask for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash with warm water. This mask moisturizes the skin and helps in cleaning and maintaining the natural tone.
6. Make a paste with olive oil and avocado, and apply on the face. Let it work on your skin for 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse. This mask will leave your skin rejuvenated.
7. For those of you, who have extremely dry skin; You can use virgin olive oil as a night cream. Apply a small amount of oil on your face and leave overnight. You will wake up soft and smooth skin in the morning.
8. The regenerative power of olive oil also helps stimulate the healing process of the skin. It can be used to soothe and heal skin irritations. The same property also helps in the treatment of sunburn. Simply apply the olive oil on the affected area directly.
9. The main cause behind the benefits of olive oil for the skin is that it is rich in healthy fats and antioxidants such as vitamin E. These help eliminate free radicals, as well as repair the damage caused by exposure to the skin. Sun. They also reduce the chances of developing skin cancer by inhibiting the growth of harmful cells.
10. Say goodbye to the stretch marks on your body with olive oil. Olive oil helps the skin to regenerate and increases its elasticity. This not only helps in the prevention of stretch marks, but also helps to lighten those that are present. Start using olive oil by giving hot oil massage in the affected areas three times a week and notice the change.
11. It is not necessary to spend money buying makeup removers. All you need is a bottle of olive oil. Olive oil does not irritate the eye and is not aggressive on the skin unlike the cosmetics that make up commercial removers. In short, it is an alternative that people with sensitive skin should consider. In case you are worried about excess fat, that problem can be easily solved by washing your face with your regular cleanser after removing makeup with olive oil. This will also ensure that there are no remnants of makeup left on the skin. You can also make a mixture of olive oil and castor oil. The proportions of oil depend on the type of skin. If you have dry skin, use more olive oil and if you have oily skin use more castor oil and less olive oil.
12. The antioxidants in olive oil along with vitamin E help in the prevention of cellular degeneration in the skin, thus preventing premature aging. The properties in this oil help to increase the elasticity of the skin avoiding flaccidity and leaving the skin smooth with a youthful glow. To reduce wrinkles around the eyes, massage the olive oil on the skin around the eyes. Be sure to be very careful when working around the eyes, since the skin is so delicate that it can be damaged and stretched very easily doing more harm than good.
13. If you are suffering from dry, scaly skin, mix olive oil and sea salt and massage into the affected area to shed dead skin and enrich the healthy layer underneath it. You can also add a few tablespoons of olive oil with one or two drops of lavender essential oil in a bath. It is a simple and luxurious way to relax, soothe and hydrate the whole body.
14. Olive oil not only helps in the treatment of sunburn, it also works very well as a sunscreen. Mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea and apply on the entire body and face. Leave this in an hour. Rinse, do not wash, to leave a residue on the skin. This will act as a natural sunscreen that will help keep your skin hydrated and extra protected along with your usual solar project.
15. Good blood circulation is essential to give the skin a natural glow. A massage with weekly olive oil will not only improve blood circulation, but also help keep your skin young and hydrated. You can also use olive oil as a carrier of other essential oils. Just warm olive oil and your favorite essential oil for a few seconds in a water bath, making sure it does not burn and give your skin the care it needs.
16. The beauty benefits of olive oil do not end here. Tired of chapped lips? Apply olive oil instead of your normal lip balm.
17. To get rid of cellulite, mix used coffee beans with olive oil and apply with a massage on the skin.
18. Mascara makes your eyes look bigger and more beautiful. But people with sensitive eyes tend to have irritation with mascara. But that’s no reason not to get those long and beautiful eyelashes. Just use an old and clean mascara brush and apply the olive oil to go through your lashes. This will result in longer and brighter lashes without any loss of eyelashes or eye allergies.