The skin, the largest organ in the body, continuously moves dead cells. This continuous renewal keeps the skin looking younger, softer and brighter. With age, this natural skin cycle slows down, and can result in an accumulation of dead cells in the outer skin layer. This accumulation makes your skin look dull and dark, and gives place to more pronounced macules and lines.
Just taking a bath or a shower is not enough to suppress the layer of deceased skin. Weekly exfoliation is the best way to get rid of dead cells and hold your skin soft and smooth. It also helps moisturizing products penetrate deeper into the skin and even improves blood circulation.
The exfoliation is precise that each and every one of the skin sorts, be it oily, sensitive or dry. It has to be done on the face, like elbows, knees, feet and other areas that tend to be quite difficult to access.
It is not necessary to use cleaners based on chemical products to exfoliate the skin. There are many natural ingredients in your kitchen that can assist in removing dead skin cells and giving way to clear, fresh skin. Here are the top ten homemade antidotes to get rid of dead skin cells.
Home remedies to remove dead skin cells
Remove dead cells with oatmeal
The granulated texture of oats works as a huge natural exfoliating agent for all skin types. In addition to this, the vitamins and minerals provided by oats are good, the protein in it prevents the loss of water to support hydrated skin.
- Put two tablespoons of instant oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey .
- Apply the paste on the face and massage with circular movements to clean the dead cells .
- Let it rest on your skin for about ten to fifteen minutes
- Then rinse with cold water, dry the skin and apply a light moisturizer.
Another alternative is to mix two tablespoons of oatmeal, two to three teaspoons of honey, two tablespoons of lemon juice and a bit of water to make a paste. Gently rub this oatmeal scrub on the skin for a few minutes. Let rest for ten minutes and then rinse.
Do any of these antidotes no more than once or twice a week. You can use oatmeal in the face, as in the body.
Remove dead cells with sugar and olive oil
The combination of sugar and olive oil make a huge exfoliant for all skin types. While the fine particles of sugar assist in removing the dead cells, the olive oil marches as a huge moisturizer for the skin.
This scrub can be used for each and every part of the body, including the lips.
- Mix well ½ cup of fine sugar and two to three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add two to three teaspoons of honey and a little lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the skin and rub in circular motions for about two minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry carefully.
- Use this sugar scrub once or a couple of times a week.
Remove dead cells with green tea
If you drink green tea for health reasons, you can get a double benefit from it, since the tea bags used are a huge exfoliant for the skin.
The faintly rough texture of green tea leaves can assist in exfoliating the skin to remove dead cells , dirt and other impurities. In addition to this, green tea improves the flexibility of the skin, improves elasticity and makes it heal.
- Take out the contents of one or two bags of green tea used in a bowl
- Incorporate two to three teaspoons of honey.
- Optionally, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients well to form a compact paste.
- Spread the mixture all over the face.
- Leave the mask for ten minutes.
- Gently rub the mask using wet fingers.
- Use this scrub once a week.
Remove dead cells with coffee
Coffee helps suppress dead skin and supports the production of new cells.
- Mix three tablespoons of ground coffee, 1 tablespoon of either extra virgin olive oil or almond oil, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, and 1 tablespoon of fine sugar.
- Massage the paste on the face, neck, knees and elbows, using gentle circular movements.
- Now, let it sit on the skin for five to ten minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and carefully dry the skin.
- Use this scrub once a week.
Remove dead cells with almonds
Almonds are a great way to care for your skin. They are rich in vitamins A and antioxidants too. In addition to this, they have healthy fats that help support healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Soak ten almonds in water throughout the night. To get better results you can soak the almonds in milk.
- In the morning, remove the skin and grind the almonds in a granular paste.
- Intermix with two teaspoons of honey.
- Apply this paste on the face and neck.
- Rub in a circular motion for two minutes, then let it dry on the skin for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse the face with warm water.
- Use this mask of almonds and honey between two or three times a week.
Remove dead cells with orange peels
After eating the oranges, do not throw away the peels. Let them dry in the sun for a few days, and then grind them, resulting in a powder that can be used in your skin care routine.
The faintly abrasive nature of the powder marches as a natural exfoliating agent. It can assist in suppressing dirt and dead skin cells . In addition to this, its rich content of antioxidants and vitamin C help to renew the skin, making it look younger and more vibrant.
- Mix equal amounts of orange zest powder and plain yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- Apply on the face and neck area.
- Let rest for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- With damp hands, carefully rub the paste with circular movements.
- Repeat this antidote once a week.
Remove dead cells with chickpea flour
Chickpea flour is another effective natural ingredient that helps suppress dead cells , so it will make your skin glow. It also removes excess fat from it and prevents problems such as acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Mix two tablespoons of chickpea flour and a few tablespoons of rose water or simply water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the skin and leave it on until it dries completely.
Then, rub with wet fingers and rinse your face.
Another alternative is to intermix two spoons of each of them of 4 grams and natural yogurt. You can also add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. If the pasta is too compact, add a little more yogurt. Spread this paste on the face and neck. Let it dry completely and then rinse. Use one of these antidotes once or a couple of times a week.
Remove dead cells with pumice stone and hot water
To reduce the danger of cracked feet you can use hot water and a pumice stone in the following way.
- Pour warm water as well as a few drops of mild liquid soap in a standing bathtub.
- Soak feet in warm water and soap for fifteen minutes to soften the skin.
- Rub the skin with a pumice stone with circular motions for about ten minutes.
- Rinse the feet with clean water and dry with a soft towel.
- Apply olive or coconut oil gradually on the feet.
- Wear clean cotton socks and let them act throughout the night while you sleep.
Repeat this once a week.
Eliminate dead cells with avocado seed
Although it is common to use avocado pulp to make facial masks, you can also use the seed to get rid of dead skin cells . It still helps to remove excess sebum and other impurities. The seed is a rich source of antioxidants, which help to fix and nourish dry and damaged skin.
- Wash a few avocado seeds and remove the copper-colored skin.
- The seed is ground in a coffee grinder or a high-powered blender resulting in a powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of this powder and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey in a bowl.
- Gently rub this mixture all over the face, neck, hands and other parts of the body in circular motions.
- Wait ten to fifteen minutes, now, take a bath.
- Use this scrub once a week.