The giant Google continues its search engine as the main in Spain and most users do their queries there. It is not uncommon to find patients or simply curious who come to the internet to read about different pathologies. Here are collected the 10 most searched diseases in Google in 2015, which may give a clue to the doctor about the concerns of the population.
1. Psoriasis. This disease is the most searched on Google in 2015 with an average of 1,000,000 searches each month. Related words have also been highly investigated are psoriasis treatment, psoriasis photos, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis guttata, psoriasis and pustular psoriasis nervous.
2. Eczema. The next word is more relevant eczema with 823,000 searches each month. It emphasizes that May is the month that has generated more interest, though protruding only slightly from the rest of the year.
3. Hpv. The human papilloma virus is investigated on the internet with its acronym HPV. Up to 673,000 times it was typed on average per month on Google in the last year. The autonomous communities where most interest arises by this term are Madrid, Castilla y Leon, Galicia and Andalusia.
4. Vitiligo. This word is in fourth place with 550,000 monthly visits. Users will also analyze terms such as skin vitiligo, vitiligo treatment, michael jackson vitiligo or vitiligo cure.
5. impetigo. Impetigo is a superficial infectious disease caused by bacteria and leaving mainly in children. Perhaps the concern of parents leads to the number of monthly visits reached 550,000 in 2015. It is striking that in October was the month most sought.
6. Acne. Acne is a very common problem in adolescents. It seeks equally throughout Spain, reaching 450,000 monthly visits in the last year. The main concerns of users are seen watching what words are analyzed: acne treatment, acne marks, pimples, acne remove or eliminate acne.
7. Melanoma. With the same number of approximate the month acne, melanoma ranks as seventh most popular word in web searches. October is the month that most times the word consultation, with May and June.
8. Rosacea. This disease has been consulted 368,000 times in 2015. Average monthly rosacea treatment also concerned, rosacea acne, rosacea and rosacea cream dermatitis. Galicia is where the greatest number of searches, followed by Asturias, Cantabria and Navarra are recorded.
8. Urticaria. In the penultimate position, the word urticaria have been consulted 301,000 times a month in the year in short left behind. Users for allergy urticaria, chronic urticaria, urticaria treatment urticaria symptoms urticaria and children are also interested, among others. October is, again, the month recorded more searches.
10. Alopecia. The term alopecia has sought average 301,000 per month. It is noteworthy that the lowest number of consultations recorded in La Rioja. The other communities are fairly matched. Alopecia areata, female alopecia and androgenetic alopecia are the most important terms related.
* Data from Google Adwords and Google Trends