The program, organized in hospitals , is done through workshops for small groups of women who have the cooperation of health professionals and are led by professional volunteers beauty that guide patients to care for the skin and namely makeup. The aim is to strengthen the confidence of helping patients restore their own image to regain self – esteem and carry forward their struggle against the disease.
General tips for feeling good
According to the website of the Stanpa Foundation, dermocosmetic skin care during cancer treatment it is very important because it prepares for treatments. During this period, cleaning and hydration are basic. In general, it is interesting to meet some general guidelines for skin care during cancer treatment:
- Avoid exfoliating products (such as alpha hydroxy acids), desiccants (like ethanol), irritants etc. Choose gentle formulas based products, especially recommended for dry and sensitive skin.
- Traumatic avoid manual manipulation of the pores for cleaning.
- Avoid using false eyelashes and eyebrows, since adhesives can be irritating.
- No tattoos, micropigmentaciones, laser etc done …
How to care for the skin during treatment
The Foundation offers tips on how to care for your skin during radiation therapy is essential to do so, follow these basic guidelines:
- Do not touch the marks on the skin of treatments. Most disappear by themselves.
- Clarifying the treated area with warm water only, no soap or cleanser and dry with soft touches cream without rubbing.
- Consult your doctor if you notice any signs of infection such as redness, irritation or swelling.
- If the treated area escuece or a small scab occurs, try not to scratch and consult your doctor or radiologist.
- No use concealer to cover the reddening of the skin or dark spots during treatment. At the end of it, your skin will regain its natural color.
- Consult a doctor before applying a sunscreen, moisturizer, lotion, perfume, deodorant or any cosmetic product on the treated area.
- Avoid shaving the treated area until the skin has healed completely.
Bodycare have to get used to the shorter showers and warm temperatures are important relaxing baths or whirlpool but without abusing them. Use soft hygiene products and small quantities, then you have to dry with little touches, without rubbing.
It can be used without problems, a body deodorant, whenever the most appropriate to each level of sweating and in the most convenient format.
Facial care, should not be exposed to direct sunlight and use sunscreen 50+ without using hormonal creams containing ingredients or steroids
To view imgánenes gallery click here